Saturday, March 1, 2008

REVISED: What makes me read an article?

The reasons I read an article is not just for the gossips and not because of the excitement whenever I read the lines “rumors hast it”.

I read stories in the newspapers and magazines because it helps me fill the spaces in my knowledge box and it keeps me on track with what is happening in the society.

Before, I was reading just to entertain myself and not to be educated, but it changed after I decided to take up journalism. I had to read, read, and read. But some articles are really boring and corny and some are really worthy of your time.

Articles that use action words and the ones that seem to be retelling a story are the most interesting. Exciting and lively kind of stories are the ones that captures my interest and makes me want to read on.

The ones with facts and background stories also keep me reading and hold me in suspense that I’d do everything just to finish it.

No comments: